PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ATTEMPT TO BE A NUT FREE SCHOOL
We use Taylor Shaw Ltd for our school meals service.
Meals are cooked on site, with one meat and one vegetarian option each day.
Meals cost £2.20 per day. This price includes a dessert and water.
Menus run on a three-weekly rota.
Ordering school lunches (for all year bands) and paying for school lunches (for Years 3 & 4), is via the Parent Pay online system (this is not the same as ParentMail). We are a cashless school and cannot accept payment for school lunches in the office.
ALL CHILDREN IN RECEPTION, YEAR 1 AND YEAR 2 ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE HOT SCHOOL DINNER BUT YOU MUST BOOK THIS THROUGH THE PARENT PAY SYSTEM.
Meals must be ordered at least the day before.
Children may bring a packed lunch in each day from home if you wish. We ask that the packed lunch always includes a sandwich or equivalent item, a cold drink (not fizzy), and nothing that contains nuts. All containers should be unbreakable and waterproof. Hot liquids, soups and fizzy drinks are not to be brought to school.
Payment for meals is via the Parent Pay online service not at the school office.
If your child receives Free School Meals, you still need to order via the Parent Pay system.
Medical Evidence Forms need to be completed for any child requiring an allergy-specific diet. A personalised menu will then be prepared for your child.
Free school meals and the Pupil Premium
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the Pupil Premium) which we can use to help your child.
It is also important that you register for Free School Meals even if your child receives Universal Free School Meals (Years R to 2) as the school will then receive an amount of money that can be used to support your child via the Pupil Premium.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
Parent Pay Information